Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:49 — 30.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Android | TuneIn | RSS
This morning we are talking about Easter.
- Moses was called upon to go into Egypt and take the Israelites out. Then there were then plagues. The last and most important one was the last where God killed all of the firstborns
- Luke 22:7 the Communion, life giving blood from Jesus
- They were ready for the Passover. A special one for Jesus, cause this was the last one He’d be at till He returns for His people
- The kingdom of Christ is like leaven, grows and works it’s way through the world.
- A new day was dawning as they celebrated this Passover
- Israel was under the bondage of Rome just like they had been under the bondage of Egypt years before
- There was a lot of drama that lead up to the Egyptians letting go of Israel
- Exodus 11 the last plague where God destroys the first born
- Exodus 12 talks of how the blood on the door posts can save the firstborn
- Hebrews 10 the law was a shadow of things to come.
- Now with the blood of Jesus covering our sins we can be forgiven … our sins aren’t just covered
- The most important part of the new covenant is that we can have a relationship with God.
- Romans 7:18 there was a desire in the Israelites to do right but they couldn’t do it perfectly
- After the last supper we have the perfect sacrifice and then the Divine Comforter
- Hebrews 10:22-23 it says that we should draw near, hold fast the profession of our faith.