This morning we’ll be looking at and thinking about what God’s power looks like in our lives.
A few introductory passages – Numbers 21:1-9, John 3:1-21
- Look to Jesus and live.
- God’s power in our lives is meant to extend beyond just salvation.
- Steps in faith and obedience.
- 1 Kings 19 – Elisha answered the call to ministry, butchered his oxen and followed Elijah.
- Abraham was called and wasn’t given a “where he was going or what he was doing” he obeyed.
- Many of the disciples were called and weren’t given a lot of details, they left their boats, or whatever they were doing and followed him.
- When God calls us he wants us to take simple steps in obedience.
- 2 Kings 3 – Make this valley full of ditches. This is an interesting story, it isn’t a super famous ones, but it is a fascinating one!
- God may be asking you to dig ditches in faith.
- God wants us to do what we can, to prepare ourselves for the things that God wants to do in, with, for and through us.