- We need to be prepared if we are going to be climbing mountains.
Some things you’ll need as you climb – each of these have spiritual parallels as well.
- A good set of hiking shoes
- Plenty of water
- A map of the area you’ll be visiting
- Not only will you need to be prepared with the things you bring with you, you’ll also need to be prepared for resistance. If we are walking with God there is no reason that we should flee.
Keep your eyes on your goal. It is so easy in this life to get distracted and take our eyes off of the goal and focus on distractions… Focus on the things that you do want instead of the things that you don’t want.
Hebrews 12:22 – Satan dangles all kinds of things in front of us. Do we keep our eyes on Jesus?
- Ecclesiastes 4:9 – When we are going through life, don’t try to go it alone. God designed us to be people who depend on and help and encourage each other.
- People who travel together can give affirmation.
- 2 Corinthians 11 – As we climb the mountains of life we are all going to stumble and fall. It is necessary that we give each other assistance. Sometimes we know exactly what it is that we need to do we simply don’t have the strength to do it on our own.
- Acceptance – how we interact with each other when one of us is struggling has everything to do with how much we accept each other.
- Abandonment – sacrifice yourself. Give up your comforts to help your brother or sister on their journey.
- Accountability – Two can stand together much better than one can stand alone.
God does not expect us to hike alone. Jesus called 12 disciples so that they could be with him, so that they could be together.
Paul didn’t climb alone. Jesus didn’t climb alone.
Let us not climb alone.