Continuing on in a series about the doctrine of God.
John 9 – We’ve looked at God’s attributes and His character, but what about his work? God’s work defines Him we get a better idea of who God is when we look at the things that God does.
God’s Plan for Us
Ephesians 1:3-14 – When we work on something we should have a plan. God did when he created us.
- God chose us before the foundation of the world. This should make us feel special. We, as a body of believers were elected to salvation.
- God has elected those who believe.
- Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. This is a very strong teaching that is very important to how we believe. God is not willing that any should parish.
- God’s plan includes the expression of his great love.
- God’s plan includes His sovereignty and man’s personal responsibility. Acts 2
- God’s plan is based on His wisdom and knowledge.
- God’s plan results in His glory!
- Psalm 111 – God is at work in the universe that He created.
- God is at work in our social structures. Family. Churches. Government.
- God is at work in the hearts of men.
- Acts 9 – God uses people. God used Paul, someone who was striving hard against Him. Does God need people to do his work? No, God could use anything… but he chooses to work with people.
- God uses circumstances to do His work.
- God uses his word as a tool.
Working With God
God is here, he is present, he is involved. He desires that we get involved with is work as well. We are his workers, we work with him.
- If you want to work with God you need to be prepared to work with God.
- We need to submit to Gods desire to work with us and within us.
- We are God’s stewards. Working with God means stewardship. Stewardship of the opportunities that we are given.
- We represent God in the world. We are his ambassadors. This is a high office. We are the face of God to those around us. What do they see in us?
- We are working with God when we are willing. God can use those who are willing when they don’t have that much natural ability perhaps or don’t feel like they are qualified. If we are willing God can and will use us.
God is working. He is working in the universe. God is working in our country. God is working in your family. God has a plan for you, for your family. Are we going to be willing to be a part of God’s plan?